At Wallace Dental Clinic, we believe that a detailed and comprehensive dental examination is the key to maintaining good, long term dental health.
What is a Dental Examination?
A full dental examination includes examination of many elements of your dental health including;
- Examination of head and neck area and jaw joints.
- Examination of the health of oral soft tissue, gums , tongue and other important areas.
- Examination assesses the teeth for caries, fractures or wear.
- Examination assesses the health of your gums and bone supporting the teeth and allows evaluation of the long term health of your teeth.
A dental examination will include a full examination, dental xrays where indicated and a discussion of your dental treatment needed and associated treatment costs.
It is best clinical practice to use dental xrays in combination with a dental examination where indicated. Dental xrays form an important part of dental treatment and are used to examine areas of the mouth and teeth that are not visible through visual examination only. Dental xrays provide significant amounts of information including;
- exposing hidden dental decay
- revealing dental abscesses, cysts and tumours
- showing impacted or extra teeth
- determining the condition of fillings, crowns, bridges, and root canals
- locating tarter build-up,finding foreign bodies within the gum or bone, and
- identifying bone loss from periodontal (gum) disease and whether enough bone for dental implant placements.
As dental xrays involve exposure to radiation , your xrays will be prescribed according to your specific treatment need . All radiographs at Wallace Dental are taken using digital xray sensors which allow for a significant reduction in the level of radiographic exposure when compared to more traditional xrays.
Dental examination, diagnosis and treatment plan: €40
X-ray Small: €15 euro per radiograph
X-ray Large: ( If required) €60
A full dental examination might involve several small radiographs which will be discussed with patients prior to any xrays being taken.
If you would like to arrange an appointment for full dental examination please contact Wallace Dental Clinic on 061 303099 or via email.
If you are a new emergency patient attending the clinic for the first time we will focus on resolving your immediate dental problem . Following this, we recommend discussing a full dental examination.